P0244 is an OBD-II generic code indicating that the engine control module (ECM) detected the Turbocharger Wastegate Solenoid A input circuit range or performance to be out-of-specifications when compared to the turbo boost sensor, manifold pressure sensor (MAP), or the barometric pressure sensor (BARO) at idle.
What is a turbocharger wastegate regulating valve solenoid?
Also known as boost control solenoids, the function of these solenoids is to control the wastegate on a turbo charger to prevent over boost conditions that could damage an engine.
How do I fix code P0243?
What repairs can fix the P0243 code?
- Replacing a wastegate solenoid with an open circuit.
- Repairing or replacing a solenoid wiring connection with corrosion in the pins.
How do I fix code P0244?
What repairs can fix the P0244 code?
- Replacing the wastegate solenoid that is leaking vacuum at idle.
- Cleaning or replacing corroded wiring connections to the solenoid.
What are the symptoms of a bad wastegate?
Symptoms of a Bad or Failing Wastegate Hose
- Check Engine Light comes on.
- Vehicle’s turbo does not produce boost during acceleration.
- Oscillating turbo boost pressure.
- Dramatic decrease in fuel economy.
How do I test a wastegate?
Zitat von Youtube: But not enough to extend the arm. So let's go ahead and try 15 psi. 15 psi as expected opens them right up my manual boost controller is able to stave off enough boost I'll hold these to about 21 psi.
What happens if turbo wastegate doesn’t open?
If it was stuck closed, you would spike most likely hard overboost. Stuck open you would be slow getting into boost(REALLY laggy) and you would run wastegate pressure.