P0278 code definition The P0278 code represents an abnormal amount of voltage being detected in the vehicle’s fuel injector circuit.
What does cylinder 6 contribution balance mean?
Cylinder 6 Contribution/Balance. What does OBD-II fault code P0278 mean? OBD-II Code Decreased engine performance is defined as a Cylinder 6 Contribution/Balance. When the engine control module (PCM) detects that cylinder 6 is not sufficiently contributing to keeping the engine running properly, it will set code P0278.
What causes P0272 code?
The definition of P0272 fault code is that there is a contribution/balance problem with cylinder #4. This code would be triggered in when the engine control module detects that the acceleration rate of the crankshaft for cylinder 4 was less than a calibrated amount.
What can cause a P0284 code?
What causes the P0284 code?
- A plugged fuel injector in cylinder eight.
- A faulty fuel injector in cylinder eight.
- A dirty fuel injector in cylinder eight.
- A poor electrical connection in cylinder eight’s fuel injector circuit.
- The fuel injector harness of cylinder eight is shorted or open.