A P0354 code means that the ignition coil or coils are not functioning properly and that there is an electrical problem with them. The ignition coils are responsible for properly igniting the air-fuel mixture in the engine’s combustion chambers.
How do I fix error P0354?
How Is The P0354 Code Fixed?
- Replace the defective ignition coil (or its driver circuit)
- Replace the bad coil pack.
- Restore or replace the malfunctioning PCM (or ECM)
- Replace the damaged spark plug.
- Repair the vacuum leak in the intake manifold.
- Repair or replace the wiring harness between the coil pack and the ECM or PCM.
What is coil D primary secondary circuit?
The P0354 fault code can be defined as Ignition Coil “D” Primary/Secondary Circuit Malfunction. It is the ignition system which would convert the battery voltage into the high voltage which is used to ignite the cylinder air/fuel mixture. The side of the system which provides low voltage is called the primary circuit.
How do you fix an ignition coil h secondary circuit?
Repairs that can fix this trouble code would include:
- Repairing or replacing wiring or connectors that are associated with the one or more ignition coils.
- Replacing one or more ignition coils.
- Replacing the powertrain control module.
What causes P0354?
What the P0354 code means. A P0354 code means that the ignition coil or coils are not functioning properly and that there is an electrical problem with them. The ignition coils are responsible for properly igniting the air-fuel mixture in the engine’s combustion chambers.
Which cylinder is P0354?
For example, code P0354 indicates a problem with ignition coil “D”, which is the coil on cylinder #4, or its circuit. Every ignition coil has a “primary” winding and a “secondary” winding.
What does the code P0308 mean?
What the P0308 code means. The P0308 trouble code means that the powertrain control module (PCM) has detected an issue with the ignition of the fuel being provided to cylinder 8. This must usually happen multiple times before a trouble code is stored and the Check Engine Light is illuminated.
What does engine code P0358 mean?
Ignition Coil H Primary/Secondary Circuit Malfunction
P0358 is a diagnostic trouble code (DTC) for “Ignition Coil H Primary/Secondary Circuit Malfunction“. This can happen for multiple reasons and a mechanic needs to diagnose the specific cause for this code to be triggered in your situation.