P0517 code definition The P0517 code is generic powertrain code related to the vehicle’s speed controls and idle control system-related problems. In this case, the engine control module (ECM) has detected a high voltage reading from the battery temperature circuit.
How do I fix code P0517?
How can you fix/remove the P0517 code?
- Repair any damaged electrical wiring or related connectors.
- Repair any damaged electrical circuits.
- Replace the battery temperature sensor.
- Recharge or replace the battery.
- Clear all codes, test-drive the vehicle, and rescan to see if any codes reappear.
Where is the battery temperature sensor?
On most domestic vehicles, the battery temperature sensor is located underneath the battery box and is placed directly below the battery. Most batteries develop excessive heat towards the bottom of the core and often in the middle of the battery, which is why the temperature sensor is located in this position.
How do you test a battery temperature sensor?
Zitat von Youtube: For the past decade many vehicles have been using battery temperature sensors as a way to measure battery performance the sensor can be attached to the battery or the tray.
What does circuit high mean?
“Fuel Level Sensor “A” Circuit High” refers to the Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P0463. When this occurs, your vehicle’s fuel sensor will be sending an unusually high voltage signal. A faulty fuel gauge can cause it to take an inaccurate reading.
What does the code P0113 mean?
When the error code P0113 is triggered, it indicates that the powertrain control module (PCM) has received a higher voltage signal than expected from the intake air temperature (IAT) sensor, indicating a problem with the IAT sensor 1 or its circuit.
How do I know if my battery temperature sensor is bad?
Symptoms of a Bad or Failing Battery Temperature Sensor
- Surging Engine. A battery temperature sensor that’s on its way out will cause the engine in the vehicle to surge. …
- Low Battery Voltage. If your vehicle is showing signs of low battery voltage that is a symptom of a bad battery temperature sensor. …
- Warning Light.
How do you fix battery temperature too low?
Battery Temperature Too Low-Effects and Solutions
- Activate Battery-Saving Mode. …
- Keep Your Phone as Warm as Possible. …
- Fully Charge Your Battery. …
- Clean the Charging Port. …
- Check the Water Damage. …
- Check Whether the Problem Occurs in Safe Mode. …
- Try Using a Different Charging Cord and Wall Charger. …
- Perform a Factory Reset.
Will a bad battery current sensor symptoms?
Signs of Failure
When the battery current sensor fails, the vehicle will not charge correctly, leading to a DTC or a dead battery. Common signs of failure include: Irregular charging rates. Low battery voltage.
What does a Dodge battery sensor do?
The electronic battery sensor is an important part of the vehicle energy management. The sensor informs the car of the exact battery status, measures the temperature and controls the charging voltage and charging current accordingly.
Can you bypass a battery sensor?
Zitat von Youtube: Current will bypass the battery current sensor and its readings won't be accurate.