What the P0622 code means. When the PCM (powertrain control module) logs a P0622 trouble code, it’s because it’s detected a problem with the generator field control circuit. The PCM uses the generator turn-on signal circuit to manage the generator.
What is a generator F terminal circuit?
OBD-II Code P0622 is defined as a Generator Field/F Terminal Circuit. The Alternator recharges the Battery when the engine is running. The Alternator is controlled by the engine control module (PCM). If the PCM detects an incorrect signal from the Alternator, the PCM will set code P0622.
How do I fix code P0621?
What repairs can fix the P0621 code?
- Use the OBD-II scanner to check the vehicle.
- Reset the codes and then test drive the vehicle to see if the code returns.
- They will inspect the wiring and connections.
- The mechanic will replace any damaged, corroded, or disconnected wires, connectors, and other components.
What does generator field control mean?
[′jen·ə‚rād·ər ′fēld kən‚trōl] (electricity) Method of regulating the output voltage of a generator by controlling the voltage which excites the field of the generator.
How do I fix code P0622?
What repairs can fix the P0622 code?
- Change out any faulty electrical components.
- Disconnect all of the CAN’s pins and test each individually.
- Replace the control module ground strap.
How do you fix P0625?
What repairs can fix the P0625 code?
- Replace any damaged electrical components (this includes blown fuses)
- Replacing the control module ground strap.
- Disconnecting all of the CAN’s pins to test them (this takes a long time and can be very expensive so should therefore be the last step)
What is a generator field driver?
The Generator field duty cycle signal circuit connects to high side of the field windings in the Generator. A Pulse Width Modulated (PWM) high side driver in the voltage regulator turns the field windings ON and OFF. The PCM uses the PWM signal input to determine the Generator load on the engine.
Is the alternator a generator?
No. An alternator is a device that converts mechanical energy into AC electrical energy. A generator is a mechanical device which converts mechanical energy to either AC or DC electrical energy. An alternator always induces an alternating current.