P0721 is a diagnostic trouble code (DTC) for “Output Speed Sensor Range/Performance“. This can happen for multiple reasons and a mechanic needs to diagnose the specific cause for this code to be triggered in your situation.
How do I fix the code P0721?
What Repairs Will Fix P0721?
- Replace output speed sensor.
- Replace input speed sensor.
- Repair or replace damaged wiring and/or connectors.
- Replace the transmission fluid temperature sensor.
- Change transmission fluid and filter.
- Fix transmission fluid leaks.
What does the transmission output speed sensor do?
The vehicle speed sensor (VSS) is also commonly referred to as a transmission speed sensor or output shaft speed sensor. It is a small device—typically mounted somewhere on the transmission—that determines how fast your vehicle is going by measuring the rotation of a toothed wheel on a shaft inside the transmission.
How do I fix code P0716?
What repairs can fix the P0716 code?
- Replacing a failed input speed sensor.
- Replacing a failed output speed sensor.
- Rebuilding a damaged transmission (indicated by finings and contamination in the transmission fluid)
- Repairing or replacing damaged wiring.
- Repairing corroded connections.
- Replacing failed circuitry.
Where is the output shaft speed sensor located on a 2013 Ford F150?
So, where exactly is the Ford F150 speed sensor located? You can find the speed sensor under the hood of your F150, on the rear section of the transmission, along with other mechanical components.
Where is the transmission output speed sensor located in?
Locate the transmission speed sensors, they’ll be near the front and rear of the transmission housing.
How do I reset my speed sensor?
Zitat von Youtube: If that's the case this is all you need to do to fix that problem make sure that it isn't displaying the odometer.
What is the input speed sensor?
As the name indicates, input shaft speed (ISS) sensor is used for monitoring the speed of the input shafts of the transmission, whereas the output shaft speed (OSS) sensor is used to monitor the speed of the transmissions’ output shafts.
What does Engine code P0715 mean?
Code P0715 is triggered when the Engine Control Module (ECM) or Transmission Control Module (TCM) detects an irregular signal coming from the input/turbine speed sensor in the transmission.