The P2103 code is a generic powertrain code related to the fuel or air metering system, including the mass air flow sensor. In this case, the engine control module (ECM) has detected a fault with the throttle actuator control motor circuit.
What does P2103 mean?
OBD-II Code P2103 is defined as a Throttle Actuator “A” Control Motor Circuit High. The throttle motor opens and closes the throttle plate, allowing more or less air to flow through the engine based on the driver’s request for power. The throttle motor is controlled by the engine computer (PCM).
Where is the throttle actuator control?
The throttle controller is located on top of the engine between the air intake and the intake manifold.
What is command throttle actuator?
Zitat von Youtube: The ECM can command the throttle valve motor open or closed achieving the desired torque. The ECM can make adjustments to the throttle valve without the input from the accelerator pedal.
How do I fix error code P2112?
What repairs can fix the P2112 code?
- Repairing or replacing wiring harness as needed.
- Replacing faulty throttle position sensor.
- Replacing throttle body actuator.
- Fixing a poor electrical connection point.
- Unsticking the throttle body plate.
How do I fix code P2103?
What repairs can fix the P2103 code?
- Replace or repair damaged or defective wiring and related electrical components.
- Replace damaged or defective throttle position sensor.
- Replace damaged or defective throttle body.
- Replace damaged or defective pedal sensor.
How do I fix error code P2118?
Generally, simple repairs such as these fix the P2118 code:
- Wiring harness repaired or replaced.
- Throttle actuator control motor replaced.
- Pedal position sensor replaced.
- Faulty throttle position sensor replaced.
- Poor electrical connection resolved.
How much does a throttle actuator control cost?
The throttle body part will typically cost between $200 and $500, depending on the type of car that you drive. Labor costs for this kind of repair are typically relatively low, so you can expect to pay between $50 and $150 to have the part professionally installed.
How do you fix a throttle actuator control system?
What repairs can fix the P2111 code?
- Replace the TPS. Commonly this will require the throttle body to be replaced as the TPS and the throttle body is an integrated unit.
- Clean the throttle body. …
- Replace the throttle body. …
- Replacing the PCM. ( …
- Repair the wiring.
How do I clean my throttle actuator control?
How to Clean a Throttle Body
- Disconnect the air duct. Disconnect the air duct from the throttle body. …
- Spray on a throttle body cleaner. Locate the throttle cables and rotate the throttle plate. …
- Dry off the solvent. Shoot compressed air into the throttle body to dry the spray solvent.
What does engine code P2111 mean?
Throttle Actuator Control System – Stuck Open
OBD-II Code P2111 is defined as a Throttle Actuator Control System – Stuck Open. The throttle motor opens and closes the throttle plate, allowing more or less air to flow through the engine based on the driver’s request for power. The throttle motor is controlled by the engine computer (PCM).
What is code P1516?
The code P1516 is is for the throttle position sensor. It looks like the car’s computer is putting the engine in “failsafe mode” to prevent the car from being driven much further.