Code P2173 means that there is a vacuum leak somewhere in the intake system or one or more of the sensors that monitors intake pressures has malfunctioned.
What does throttle actuator control system high airflow detected mean?
The P2172 code means that a large amount of airflow was suddenly inducted into the throttle actuator control system. The electronic control unit (ECU) detects this large amount of air and the P2172 diagnostic trouble code (DTC) is set. When the code is set, the Check Engine Light will be illuminated on the dashboard.
What does P2106 mean?
P2106 is an OBD-II generic code for the engine control module (ECM) detecting a major failure in a system causing the ECM to go into failure mode and limiting the throttle actuator to limited power.
What causes P2104 code?
What causes the P2104 code? The engine control module is in failure management mode from a major failure in the throttle actuator control system and sets code P2104 for limiting the engine to idle closed throttle only.
How do I fix error code P2173?
What repairs can fix the P2173 code?
- Replace lower intake manifold gaskets.
- Replace upper plenum gaskets or seals.
- Replace EGR gasket or valve leak.
- Replace brake booster.
- Replace broken vacuum hose to the brake booster.
- Replace Broken vacuum hose.
- Replace PCV hose.
- Replace MAP sensor replacement.
How do I fix error code P2127?
What repairs can fix the P2127 code?
- Repair or replacement of the wiring harness for the throttle position sensor or pedal position sensor.
- Throttle/Pedal position sensor E replaced.
- Fixing the intermittent electrical connection.
- ECM replacement if required.
How do you fix a P2106 code?
How To Correct P2106 Throttle Actuator Control System – Forced Limited Power
- Throttle position sensor replacement.
- Accelerator pedal sensor replacement.
- Throttle control system reprogramming.
- PCM repair and reprogramming.
- Faulty wiring and connector replacement.
How do I reset my electronic throttle control manually?
Resetting your electronic throttle control manually can be a tricky job. First, make sure the accelerator pedal is fully released. Next, turn the ignition on and then turn it off and wait for ten seconds. During these ten seconds, be sure the throttle valve is moving by listening for a sound of operation.
How much does it cost to replace a throttle actuator control system?
The throttle body part will typically cost between $200 and $500, depending on the type of car that you drive. Labor costs for this kind of repair are typically relatively low, so you can expect to pay between $50 and $150 to have the part professionally installed.
What is a throttle actuator control module?
Product Description. An ACDelco GM Original Equipment Fuel Injection Throttle Control Actuator Module is an electrically operated motor assembly that controls the throttle plate(s), and is a GM-recommended replacement for your vehicle’s original component.
How do I fix error code P2107?
What repairs can fix the P2107 code?
- Repairing or replacing throttle body actuator wiring harness.
- Replacing throttle body.
- Fixing poor electrical connection.
- Replacing throttle position sensor.