If your car is showing the P2431 engine code, it means that your secondary air system, which pumps fresh air into the exhaust to reduce vehicle emissions, has a problem. An incorrect airflow has been detected, and you should get it fixed promptly to avoid a failed emissions test.
How do I fix error code P2431?
What repairs can fix the P2431 code?
- Replacing the secondary air pump.
- Repairing or replacing a wiring harness.
- Resolving poor electrical connections.
How do I fix error code P2444?
What repairs can fix the P2444 code?
- Replace faulty air injection valve.
- Replace faulty one-way check valve.
- Replace faulty air injection pump.
- Replace faulty pressure sensor.
- Repair or replace frayed, broken, or shorted pressure sensor wiring.
- Repair or replace damaged or corroded pressure sensor connector.
What causes code P0491?
Diagnostic trouble code (DTC) P0491 stands for “Secondary Air Injection Insufficient Flow Bank 1.” It is logged once the vehicle’s powertrain control module (PCM) perceives that there is a possible issue within the SAI system. This code is logged once the PCM determines that the secondary air flow in bank 1 is too low.
What is code P2440 mean?
Secondary Air Injection System Switching
OBD-II Code P2440 is defined as a Secondary Air Injection System Switching Valve Stuck Open. The Secondary Air Injection System pumps outside fresh air into the Exhaust System during cold engine start up. This additional air helps burn up the highly rich exhaust emissions that are produced when the engine is warming up …
What causes P0106 code?
Diagnostic trouble code (DTC) P0106 stands for “Manifold Absolute Pressure/BARO Sensor Range/Performance.” This code triggers when the powertrain control module (PCM) receives erratic MAP/BARO sensor readings.
What is code P0410?
malfunctioning Secondary Air Injection System
Code P0410 is the result of the Engine Control Module (ECM) indicating a malfunctioning Secondary Air Injection System. This happens when the O2 sensor does not accurately detect the changes in the O2 level of the exhaust while the air injection system is functioning.
How do you fix P0491?
What repairs can fix the P0491 code?
- Replacing any damaged wiring, connectors, or other electrical components.
- Replacing the secondary air injection pump.
- Replacing the pump’s one-way check valve.
- Repairing or replacing any damaged vacuum hoses or fittings which could be causing a vacuum leak.
- Replacing pump fuses.
How do you fix a secondary air injection system malfunction?
What repairs can fix the P0410 code?
- Replacing the air injection pump and power relay.
- Replacing O2 sensors that respond too slow as they age.
- Replacing the air injection pump intake filter clogged with debris.