The P2770 OBD2 trouble code gets saved when the ECU is having problems controlling the torque converter clutch. Resulting transmission problems can range from slipping and delayed shifts, to transmission overheating and engine stalling.
Where is the torque converter clutch solenoid located?
► What Does a Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid do? Positioned between the rear of the engine and the front of the transmission is the torque converter. The torque converter is responsible for transmitting the engine’s torque and power to the transmission.
What does P2770 code mean?
Torque Converter Clutch Circuit High
OBD-II Code P2770 is defined as a Torque Converter Clutch Circuit High. The Torque Converter Lockup Clutch creates a solid connection between the engine an transmission. When the Transmission Control Module (TCM) detects failure of the proper operation of the torque converter clutch, it will set code P2770.
How do I fix code P0744?
What repairs can fix the P0744 code?
- Checking and replacing transmission fluid; if the fluid is found to be very dirty, flushing the system and replacing the torque converter may be required.
- Checking and replacing any shorted or faulty wiring, connectors, and circuitry.
- Replacing the internal transmission harness.
What can cause a P0741 code?
What causes the P0741 code?
- Faulty TCC.
- Faulty torque converter lockup solenoid.
- Internal short in the TCC solenoid.
- Wiring to the TCC solenoid that is damaged.
- Faulty valve body.
- Faulty Transmission Control Module (TCM)
- Faulty Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor.
- Damage of the wiring harness to the transmission.
How do I fix error code P2770?
What Repairs Will Fix P2770?
- Replace the torque converter clutch solenoid.
- Replace the torque converter or clutch.
- Change transmission fluid and filter.
- Repair/replace damaged wiring and connectors.
- Repair/replace TCM or ECU.
- Install a rebuilt or remanufactured transmission.
What is torque converter clutch solenoid?
The torque converter clutch solenoid is an electronic component that helps to measure the fluid pressure and regulate how much fluid the lockup clutch receives. If the solenoid is faulty, there won’t be an accurate measure of how much transmission fluid is a need which could lead to abnormal fluid pressures.
How much does it cost to replace a torque converter?
Most auto repair shops will charge someone anywhere from $600 to $1000 for a torque converter replacement job. If you would rather do the replacement job yourself, then a new torque converter will cost anywhere from $150 to $500. The exact cost depends on the make and model of your vehicle.
What does transmission fluid pressure low mean?
If the fluid is low, it should be assumed that there is a leak in the system, and the mechanic should begin searching for where the leak is coming from. Depending on the location of the leak, it may be able to be repaired, and the issue resolved.